Thursday, January 15, 2009

Everyone is a critic

After perusing the wilderness that is blogsville, I have discovered a couple of universal truths about this new form of communication. First of all, we are an opinionated species and second, blogging is a useful tool in the arena of advertising and marketing. I followed Breaking News and Opinion on The Huffington Post, and www.adverblog.com.

Both of these blogs are very different and entertaining. I was surprised how much I enjoyed Aarianna huffington’s opinion, even though I have no idea why people care about her opinion (her husband was someone right?). It seemed to be a daily list of her own personal opinions on political gossip and Washington political direction.

Adverblog I followed and was a collection of trends in advertising mostly revolving around technology. I enjoyed this one a great deal. I found it very informative and interesting. I must say I will follow this blog from now on. It was reading these two blogs that I realized the potential of this medium.

One of the virtues that blogs posses, is that they feel like they are unsolicited opinions. Major news networks and other large corporate media outlets have lost all creditability when speaking about products or advertising trends. The audience has gotten wise to the fact that reviews have become nothing more then a practice in corporate synergy. Reading a blog feels like someone you know giving you information on something they truly are enamored with.

No comments: